Ways to Help during COVID-19
1. Organize a drive
The demand in our Food Pantry has grown dramatically and we need to keep our shelves stocked.
- Canned or dried goods
- Diapers and wipes (these items are not covered by SNAP or WIC)
- Cleaning supplies (toilet paper, paper towels, soap, household cleaners)
If you are healthy and able, our Food Pantry is in desperate need of volunteers. Volunteers will help pack bags of food and put in the cars of hundreds of people who are struggling during this uncertain time. To volunteer, please sign up on our volunteer page (https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040848acaa22a3fd0-volunteer)
3. Write notes
We are not able to run our senior citizen program during this time. Nearly 50% of our seniors live alone and coming to Wesley is a time for them to feel less isolated. Make a card, note, or drawing for one of our seniors to let them know someone is thinking about them. We will deliver with our meal program.
4. Make a donation
If you are able, a donation will help us keep our food pantry stocked and help neighbors who have lost their jobs during this time to pay their rent. Many of our clients are not eligible for unemployment benefits.
- $50 provides meals for a month for a senior who is isolated at home
- $100 provides a family with two weeks of food
- $250 helps a family pay their utility bills for a month
- $1,000 pays the rent for a family to keep them in their home